Partnering With the Local Community
The wellbeing of our employees and the community is paramount. Our priority is to forge strong, lasting relationships built on trust and mutual respect. We are committed to listening. We are actively engaging with our stakeholders in the Clearwater Project area, over a size of area that is greater than regulatory guidelines require. We have been consulting with stakeholders since 2007.
As of mid-2011 our stakeholder engagement activities have included:
- The June 9, 2010, Open House at Vista Ridge Ski Hill that served as an introduction to the Clearwater Project and provided residents and other stakeholders the opportunity to discuss Clearwater with the AOS project team;
- Consultations with the Fort McMurray First Nation #468, Chipewyan Prairie Dene First Nation, Fort McMurray Métis Association #1935 and local aboriginal trappers;
- Community interaction with Saprae Creek residents, Draper Landing residents, and the RMWB; and
- Participation in the Fort McMurray Airport Authority's annual general meeting and trade show in May 2011.
As the Clearwater Project progresses, we will be communicating regularly with the community. Further events are planned, including:
- Participation in the Athabasca Oil Sands Conference in the Suncor Centre on McDonald Island on September 13-14, 2011; and
- A public open house in the Bob Duncan Conference Room of Heritage Park, from 5-8 p.m. on September 14, 2011.
Our newsletter has been released with a participation survey. We invite you to fill it in and give us your feedback. If you have questions or would like more information about our project or AOS, we invite you to contact us by telephone or e-mail.
|Community Relations:|| Tel: 403-444-6490
|Corporate office:|| Alberta Oilsands Inc.
Suite 800, 350 – 7th Avenue, S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N9